XLSWrite

From: Ian Journeaux
Subject: XLSWrite
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:41:33 -0500

Sorry for including the Digest.

>>As a first hint, from what I can infer from the messages you have neither:

>>- MS-Excel installed and/or Windows package installed + LOADED (without this ActiveX doesn't work)

>>- nor the Java package installed + loaded & Java classes for spreadsheet support in your javaclasspath (then the alternative platform-independent options are unavailable as well).

I am running Octave 3.2.4 and it appears that I have both java and windows packages loaded as well as Office 2003 and Java. I am not sure how to confirm that the java classes for spreadsheet support is in javaclasspath.

>>(Yeah the Windows package is not loaded by default in the binary Windows distribution to avoid a "clear all" bug; just try

>>  pkg load Windows

>>first (in Octave).)

Could you elaborate on the “clear all” bug. I am using “clear all” in several locations in my scripts. I haven’t noticed any problems but don’t want to be surprised.