XLSWrite

From: Ian Journeaux
Subject: XLSWrite
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:14:45 -0500

> Finally figured out how to get JExcelAPI installed. I followed the steps
> at
>

> http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5222024
>

>That shouldn't have been needed at all. Everything is supposed to be
>pre-installed...

There are two of us developing application in Octave. We seem to be getting
different behavior. Still trying to figure out what the differences are.
Both of us are running Octave 3.2.4. Once I have run more tests, I will be
able to post more info.

>>xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 'poi')
>>or

xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 'jxl')

Will give these a try to see if behavior changes.

> error: com_invoke: property/method invocation on the COM object failed
> with
> error `0x80020009'
> error: called from:
>These COM errors are unknown to me. What's in your array a?
>
>The write error might be related to the forward slash in the file name
>(you're running octave under windows, don't you?)

The array a is just a = [1,1]

I am running under windows. I will try the \ instead of /

> Even with the errors, the xls file gets created. A second call to xlswrite
> with the same file name doesn't produce an error.

(Is the Excel file OK?)

The Excel file is ok and contains the data I tried to output.