Re: Specifying RGB triples

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Specifying RGB triples
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:06:17 +0200

ons, 20 04 2011 kl. 23:56 -0700, skrev pathematica:
> 1) Is it possible to print directly in orange (by specifying RGP triplets or
> by some other means)?

Are you looking for something like

  plot (sin (1:100), 'color', [0.9, 0.2, 0.2])

?

> 2) Would saving to pdf from Octave achieve the same level of resolution as
> the 1200 dpi from Inkscape?
> (This would only be of value if I could print in orange so that I did not
> need to post process the images).

I don't know. I thought the resolution didn't really matter for vector
graphics. Try making your plots and then type

  get (gcf ())

This will list a bunch of properties you can change; perhaps one of them
will do what you need.

Søren