Re: re-interpreting Octave output

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: re-interpreting Octave output
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:51:31 +0200

>Do other people agree that it is in general useful to be able to put the
>command and data outputs back into the interpreter, in the way Sergei's
>Data::Dumper example showed? The commands can be accomodated by
>manipulating PSx(), but data would need some assist from the
>interpreter, i.e. adding [] characters to printouts, like:
>
># octave:18> a=[1 2 3; 4 5 6]
>a = [
>
>    1   2   3
>    4   5   6
>]
>
>and other, more complex things for cell arrays, structures, etc. Does it
>seem worth doing?

Yes, I think it would be worth doing.  For example by setting an
appropriate global variable.  Hoping that this can serve as an
encouragement for someone willing to do it :)

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040