Re: How can I help

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: How can I help
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 06:20:17 -0500

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Aidan Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Aidan Macdonald. I am a Computer Engineering/Physics 3rd year undergraduate at UC San Diego. I currently do Machine Learning research and development for Webroot. I have a strong interest in numerical methods and numerical optimization.

I would like to help in anyway. I have a personal vested interest in working on octave-control and octave-symbolic, so I would probably do better work there. What should I do to get started? For octave-control, I wanted to write a stepinfo function into octave-control.

Thank you,

Aidan Plenert Macdonald
4178 Decoro Street, San Diego, CA 92122

Hi Aiden.
   You have already passed the first step!!!   You have chosen a project!!!
We have a style that we insist on.  The Octave manual has some information about coding and documentation style:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Tips-and-Standards.html
  https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html

There is an octave wiki
http://wiki.octave.org/Main_Page

Welcome to the teem and start working!!!!
--
DASCertificate for 206392