|From:||Doan Minh Dang|
|Subject:||Re: Doing survey on students' use of Octave|
|Date:||Tue, 20 Jan 2015 06:24:23 +0700|
It depends very much on what you want to find out. But here are some possible questions. In general aim for the use of a Likert scale (5 choices: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Disagree) and hand out the questionnaire on paper: online questionnaires, although convenient, have a very poor return rate. Are you using Octave as part of your assessment and grading?
- Octave was easy to learn.
- Octave was easy to use.
- I found Octave helped me understand the material.
- Octave provided all the functionality I needed.
- I will use Octave in my future study.
- Octave's online help was clear and useful.
- It was easy to produce graphics in Octave.
- The use of Octave followed the course syllabus.
You might want a few open-ended questions:
- What aspects of the use of Octave in this course did you enjoy the most?
- What aspects of the use of Octave in this course did you enjoy least?
- What changes should be made to make this course better?
If I can think of any other questions I'll let you know.
AlasdairOn Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Doan Minh Dang <address@hidden> wrote:_______________________________________________Hi all,
I just finished teaching a course on Numerical methods with Octave.
Thank to the new GUI, my students seem to adopt Octave easily,
although many of them haven't work much with computer before.
I intend to get feedbacks from students for assessment on how well
they are taking Octave for their study. Anybody can give me
suggestions on what aspects/questions to do this survey (by
Hints to similar research are also greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Can Tho University of Technology, Vietnam
Help-octave mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|