graphics_toolkit qt

From: Clinton Winant
Subject: graphics_toolkit qt
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:45:39 +0100

In answering my question about figure position (thanks, your answer was perfect) Mike pointed out that developers see qt as the way of the future.  If that is the case (I love qt), would it be possible for future versions of the "print" renderer to deal with greek characters into, at least, eps?  Currently, while greek is rendered perfectly on the screen. it becomes eg \lambda on the eps (or other) file.

The suggested work around is to print to a latex file, then editing that file and compiling the output.  This is fine for a few development runs, but useless for any kind of production job.

BTW the .tex file produced by

 print("qt_greek.tex","-depslatexstandalone");
does not compile with current version of latex.  The file requires the preamble

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx,xcolor}
\begin{document}
 and the closing statement