help-rcs

Re: rcs

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: rcs
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:43:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Aksoy, Banu wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I want to get some information about RSC.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.Is the product current and supported? (Y/N)

Here's an essay I wrote about the status of RCS.

http://www.uvm.edu/~ashawley/rcs/use_rcs.html

RCS is free software, so you've found one place (this mailing list) for
getting support on RCS.  Here's some more support forums:

http://www.gnu.org/software/rcs/#lists

> 2.Is end of life date announced? (date)  End of Support? (date).

It's free software, so you can have the software as long as you want.
End of support?: I guess until we get tired of it.  I don't think the Free
Software Foundation<http://www.fsf.org/> is closing down anytime soon, and
they don't have any plans to get rid of RCS considering there still
working on supporting SCCS on the GNU system.

that's an un-official, "off the record" answer.

you should walk down the street and ask the people at the FSF office.
just kidding.

hope it helps.
/a