Re: [Help-smalltalk] ncurses calls

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] ncurses calls
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 07:17:07 +0200

Brad Watson wrote:
After doing a little more digging I found:
"Ncurses 5.0 can be configured to establish its own
SIGWINCH hander. In this configuration, the wgetch
function will return a special keycode KEY_RESIZE when
a resizing event is detected. The signal handler also
calls resizeterm (Caveat: malloc and free are not
guaranteed to be safe for use in a signal
handler)...."

Considering this, do you consider it worth the effort
to implement the callback, or (my preference at the
moment,) the KISS route where I don't bother ?
Mine was just an example found after googling for a tutorial, so there may be other reasons to have callbacks, but I don't think so and this is good news: it means you can configure ncurses to have its own handler installed, and then the program may or may not do something for KEY_RESIZE.

(don't be afraid to spam the list)