Re: [Help-smalltalk] adding smalltalk-mode to ELPA?

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] adding smalltalk-mode to ELPA?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 15:19:21 +0800

bill-auger writes:

> Derek Zhou wrote:
>> Wilfred,
>> Do you want to add smalltalk-mode to ELPA?
>
> the answer i gave you is probably the best one that anyone could give -
> maybe i could have been more clear
>
> Derek Zhou wrote:
>> Can I do anything to help?
>
> just do it - the ELPA team are the appropriate people to ask these
> questions - there really is nothing the upstream can or should do about
> such a request - its not their domain - the only important question is
> whether or not the ELPA team will accept it, or you assist in packaging it

Like I said before, ELPA is more like CPAN instead of Debian. With CPAN,
the authors put their perl modules up, not the other way around. It is a
sharing place for authors; not a distribution. they do reserve right to
refuse something they deem inappropriate, that's all. Of cause it is
entirely possible that a third party can do the posting, and I could do
it, but I do want to get the author's blessing first.

Anyway, if no objection received before the weekend, I will do it next
week.

Derek