[help-texinfo] Re: Réf. : Re: xml and DTD

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Réf. : Re: xml and DTD
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:11:34 +0100

Hallöchen!

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

> [...]
>
>     at line  <!ELEMENT settitle    (#PCDATA | %Inline.phrase; | footnote)*>
> (of the dtd)
>
> I don't understand why the settitle causes an error?  It's just
> text in the tasks.xml.
>
>     Element footnote is already part of the mixed content model.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.  The footnote element is allowed in a
> settitle element.  Why is this a problem?

The problem is that %Inline.phrase; also contains footnote.  The
texi2latex CVS contains an error-free version of texinfo.dtd (at
least I hope so; I don't know how much it is out-of-sync).  I made a
diff, and it has many " | footnote" deleted.

Unfortunately, at the moment (09:00 Zulu) the savannah server seems
to be broken, so I can't see which things have been changed in
Texinfo's texinfo.dtd since I forked my own.  (I even cannot check
out my own texi2latex because the key authorisation fails.)

To make things even worse, my texinfo.dtd reflects local changes to
makeinfo that I made for testing purposes.  I must settle this
provisional situation I admit.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646