Re: [help-texinfo] LilyPond - lowercase filenames (html)

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] LilyPond - lowercase filenames (html)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:59:02 +0100

Hi Gavin, Patrice,

Thank you both for responding.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you want to use the output in that way, I'm not going to discourage
> you, although you should be aware that any cross-references from other
> HTML files generated by Texinfo won't work. If Lilypond has more than
> one Texinfo manual, then there is also the problem of how to transform
> inter-manual references for Lilypond manuals only, while leaving any
> cross-references to non-Lilypond manuals intact.

LilyPond has more than 10 (!) manuals (which take more than an hour to
build even on a very good computer), and currently we manage our
requirements (including the lower case) through a (bloated in our
opinion) .init file, and post processing. In the interests of
maintainability (the issue I linked in my first message), i.e. to
avoid the need to rewrite our .init file and post processing scripts
for each new version of Texinfo, we would like to upstream some of the
work, so to speak.

Would it be possible to add this feature (to use only lowercase file
names in --html output)? We are happy to contribute code, assuming we
have someone who can do it.

> I think that there are already hooks for customizing file names and
> anchor names:
>
> node_target_name node_file_name sectioning_command_target_name
> element_file_name special_element_target_file_name
>
> To still have cross reference working, one could setup redirection
> files.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what this means. Could you be more
specific on how we might use this?

Thanks again,
Kevin