help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD

From: Christoph Scheurer
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:24:25 -0400

Hello,

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 07:08:35PM +0200, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> > That sounded very(!) interesting and promising. Are you still going to post
> > the patches or did you and Herbert decide to go for the XML version?
> I've got this strong desire to go for XML, which I won't give up that easy
> :-)
>
> anyway, I've made his announcement and patch available at
>
> http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/contribs/
Thanks, I had a look at it. It seems like that can do exactly what I was
interested in.

I have a question about the future XML frontend. Is the idea to have it parse
an XML file with roughly the same content as now the config file of the
PBC-hack? And would it be then up to the person who is designing the (S)VCD to
write the XML file by hand, or do you plan on having a tool that generates the
XML file interactively? And one more question: for the XML parsing, are you
going to use the gnome XML library?

I am just curious,

Christoph

 Christoph Scheurer              e-mail: address@hidden
 Department of Chemistry         WWW: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/chris
 University of Rochester
 P.O. Box RC 270216              phone:  +1-716-275-8289
 Rochester, NY 14627-0216                +1-716-242-0989 (private)
 USA                             Fax:    +1-716-473-6889
      GnuPG public key: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/chris/key.html