help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Bin/Cue specification/Details PLease

From: Kishalay Haldar
Subject: [VCDImager] Bin/Cue specification/Details PLease
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 12:03:59

Dear Mr. Herbert,

I want to create a bin/cue from a number of files (data or audion), without writing them into a CD. I also want to be able to read a bin/cue. If there are data files, I want to be able to access each data files directly from the bin/cue. If there are audio tracks, I want to be able to play those tracks directly from bin/cue. In a simple word, I want an application which will treat a bin/cue as a virtual CD-recorder drive.

Is there any application existing? If not, I want to write one. I think that will be an useful program for the CD-WR user community. For example, an audio CD can be authored and tested/played again and again from the bin/cue, without actually writing into the disk, before the final version is satisfactory.

I am looking for the Bin/Cue file format. I searched the net, but couldnot find the specification.

Can you please point me to the appropriate place where I can find the file format of .bin and .cue files?

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year,

--Kish