Re: [igraph] pagerank implementation questions

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] pagerank implementation questions
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:38:23 +0100

1) Should the range of the damping factor be [0, 1],
i.e. damping could take == 0, or == 1.0, the boundary
value?
Maybe I misunderstood this question, I just realized that now we _do_ allow 0 or 1 as a damping factor :) So, yes, damping factors of 0 and 1 do not really make sense - especially in this implementation which does not normalize the damping factor with the number of nodes. But I think we'll leave it this way, they might be useful for illustrational purposes or whatever.

--
Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden>             MTA RMKI, BME MIT