[igraph] Finding motifs in a graph

From: Laurence Muller
Subject: [igraph] Finding motifs in a graph
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:48:52 +0100

Hi list,

For a project I made a simple application that tries to find certain motifs in the graph/dataset. By using igraph_motifs_randesu I'm able to find motifs with the size of 3 or 4 vertices.

Questions:
1. The function returns a list of isomorphism classes and the number of 'hits'. Is there an overview available that shows the layout of each isomorphism class? The reference only points to FANMOD but that tool does not show all possible isomorphism classes for 3 or 4 vertices.
2. Is there a way to retrieve a list of the position of these motifs?

Kind regards,
- Laurence

Laurence Muller (M.Sc.)
Website/Blog/Portfolio: