[igraph] Installing python-igraph on Ubuntu 10.4

From: Horváth Árpád
Subject: [igraph] Installing python-igraph on Ubuntu 10.4
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:18:47 +0200

 Dear IGraphers!

I use the python-igraph in education and my students tried to install it
on Ubuntu 10.4. (In VMWare.)
The method described on the page:
http://igraph.wikidot.com/installing-python-igraph-on-linux#toc0
does not worked.

aptitude install python-igraph
have not worked. It have complained, he want python2.5
but this is only a virtual package.

| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|   python-igraph: Depends: python2.5 which is a virtual package.
| The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
|
| Keep the following packages at their current version:
| python-igraph [Not Installed]
|
| Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
| libarpack2 recommends atlas3-base

aptitude install libigraph0
worked.

I wanted to install python-igraph with
setup.py install. To do this I wanted to install
libigraph0-dev but it wrote
it depends on libigraph0 (= 0.5.3-1) but it is not installable.

Best regards,
   Arpad

--
Horvath  Arpad  <address@hidden>