Re: [igraph] graph with weighted connections between edges

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] graph with weighted connections between edges
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:32:32 +0200

If I understood your problem correctly, you are not dealing with a single
weighted graph here but an ensemble of _unweighted_ graphs where edges are
independent and exist with a certain probability, and you are interested in the
"consensus community structure" of the ensemble. In my opinion, the cleanest
(but probably very computationally intensive) way of dealing with it would be
to generate a large number of graph realisations from the ensemble, cluster
each and every one of them, and then for each pair of vertices, count how many
times they ended up in the same community.

T.