Re: Rendering HTML Content in Email Messages

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Rendering HTML Content in Email Messages
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 18:34:42 +0200

Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:

> Can someone please help clear up my confusion on HTML article
> washing? I want to keep HTML washing turned off by default, but if
> I've received an HTML message from someone I trust I want to tell
> gnus to render it. Typing "W h" does not work.
>
> I've read about the gnus-article-wash-html function (which is nil on
> startup for me) but I don't understand the interaction between ti
> and gnus-article-wash-function and other gnus-article-washXYZ
> functions. Help!

      The default is to use the function specified by
      `mm-text-html-renderer' to convert the HTML, but this is
      controlled by the `gnus-article-wash-function' variable [it is
      used instead, if non-nil].

      (info "(gnus)Article Washing")

`mm-text-html-renderer' is used to look up a renderer in
`mm-text-html-washer-alist' (or call directly, if a function). There
are several predefined renderers, including w3 and w3m which use the
functions `gnus-article-wash-html-with-w3' and
`gnus-article-wash-html-with-w3m' respectively (see below).

,----[ C-h v gnus-article-wash-function RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v mm-text-html-renderer RET ]

`----