Re: Choosing email account depending on group

From: Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos
Subject: Re: Choosing email account depending on group
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:51 -0000

> You can customize this in the Group Parameters; for example I have in my
> GP for gentoo-user:
> ((uidvalidity . "1083499907")

Ah, very nice way to discover which group I'm posting too. Does
this always work? What's uidvalidity? How can I know what's the
uidvalidity of a mailing list?

I've done:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*INBOX.ml..*"
         (address "pocm@netvisao.pt"))))

These recognizes I'm sending to a mailing list and then puts my
Mailing List email address, however doesn't insert the email
address of the list, which is done by your config. If that always
works, it's great. Can you explain it to me or forward me to
somewhere else?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon