Re: is it me or is imap support a bit problematic?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: is it me or is imap support a bit problematic?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:26:09 -0500

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, joostkremers@yahoo.com wrote:

> Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:
>> You could post your splitting rules and someone here (probably not me)
>> could tell you if the problem lies therein.
>
> i did, actually, in my original post. but just to be sure, here they are
> again:
>
> (setq nnimap-split-inbox
>       '("INBOX" "inbox"))
>
> (setq nnimap-split-rule
>        '(("Fastmail" ("INBOX" (("INBOX.Lug Frankfurt"
>                               "Subject: .*LugFrankfurt"))))
>        ("Uni Frankfurt" ("inbox" (("mail/LinguistList"
>                                    "From: *LINGUIST List"))))))

So the problem is that the Uni groups are marked unavailable (*) and
new mail is not reported for them after splitting.  Without splitting,
the same server works fine.  Is this more or less correct?

Have you tried this with and without the agent?

What IMAP servers are you accessing (name and version)?

Ted