Re: Displaying diacriticals

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: Displaying diacriticals
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:49:33 +0000

 Ar an naoú lá is fiche de mí Eanair, scríobh Tony Reed:

 > I read a couple of French newsgroups. Mostly, the accented characters
 > are displayed correctly, but when an article declares itself to be
 > encoded in iso-8859-15, the "special" characters are replaced by empty
 > squares. How can I tell Gnus what character sets to look for and
 > decode properly?

If you are using X11, you need to make a *-iso8859-15 font available. Look
into mkfontscale and mkfontdir.

--
“Ah come on now Ted, a Volkswagen with a mind of its own, driving all over
the place and going mad, if that’s not scary I don’t know what is.”