nobbling x-face

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: nobbling x-face
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:44:02 +0000

I've just started using gnus again after an enforced outlook break
(bad, really bad).

The new version of gnus that I am using has some really nice
features. x-face support is, however, not one of them. I've tried to
nobble this, but it's not working for me.

I've tried...

(setq gnus-article-x-face-command
      'phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all)

(defun phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all (data))

(setq gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly ".*")

which should work, but still those grainy images are smiling out at
me.

Anyone got any further ideas?

Phil