Re: smtpmail, starttls authentication

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: smtpmail, starttls authentication
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:42:50 +0200

On Tue, Aug 22 2006, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> I don't think there is any difference between the smtpmail stuff in
>> Gnus CVS compared to Emacs CVS.
>
> heres a funny thing : I had Gnus from CVS locally and in my .emacs added
> ti specificall to the loadpath. gnus-version said 0.6.
>
> Now I removed the loadline, and use emacs-snapshot, gnus is back at 0.4
>
> I think some paths are screwed somewhere by debian install : I have no
> idea how to check

`M-x list-load-path-shadows RET' and check for "gnus".

> or fix it, so it can stay as it is - everything works ok ( for now).

The current CVS trunk version identifies itself as "No Gnus v0.6".
The version in Emacs CVS is "Gnus 5.11", which corresponds to the
stable branch "v5-10" in Gnus' CVS.

I'd recommend to either use the (stable) Gnus 5.11 which is bundled
with Emacs CVS.  If you want to keep up with development version you
should use the current CVS version, not an outdated development
version like No Gnus 0.4.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,