Re: Weird number of messages on server

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Weird number of messages on server
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:40:43 -0500

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:40:36 -0500 mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) wrote:

MTBC> giglio robbo' d'acciaio <daniele@mother.nostromo.wy> writes:
>> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>>
>>> I hope that works.  I've never seen this bug.  If you can replicate it
>>> reliably, turn on the NNTP log, and try to submit a bug  You may need
>>> to send us your newsrc.eld and other bits.
>>
>> How can I turn on the nntp log?

MTBC> (setq nntp-record-commands t)

Right.  Sorry, I forgot to mention the command.  So yes, turn the log
on, then do (setq gnus-verbose 10).  Duplicate the bug in the fewest
possible steps, then run M-x gnus-bug and include the NNTP log, your
.newsrc.eld file, and your gnus.el file.  The contents of the
*Messages* buffer will have useful information as well; I forget if
they are included in gnus-bug automatically but I think so.  If there
is information in any of those files that you don't want to share with
a public list, you can e-mail me directly and I'll censor them, or you
can edit a copy yourself before you send the e-mail.

I realize this is not a quick job.  Unfortunately it could involve
several pieces of functionality, so we should have a good picture of
your setup.

Ted