Re: Synchronizing multiple computers

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: Synchronizing multiple computers
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:37:12 +0100

David <de_bb@arcor.de> writes:

> Martin Geisler <mg@daimi.au.dk> writes:
>> Is there a way to synchronize the read newsgroups messages too? My home
>> computer is not always online, but the other is always running.
>
> See this page on the emacswiki:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusSync

Thanks for the pointer!

I normally keep my Gnus running at all times on my work computer. Is it
safe to copy files back and forth in that case?

As I understand it, Gnus saves its changes in the dribble file which is
saved into the .newsrc.eld file at shutdown. I don't shutdown Gnus at
work, so will I be able to see the chances in the .newsrc.eld file?

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.