Change article "From" field

From: William Xu
Subject: Change article "From" field
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:12:55 +0900

I tried to set current article's "From" field based on its contents. For
example, if the article content looks like:

,----
| Timestamp: 2008/02/06
| Author: william
`----

I want to use the Author line to set "From" field, so that it does not
display as "nobody". (This is a RSS group) I tried doing this in
gnus-article-prepare-hook, calling something like:

,----
| (gnus-summary-edit-article 2)
| (goto-char (point-min))
| (insert (format "From: %s\n" author))
| (gnus-article-edit-done)
`----

But it looks like this will be called again and again. Am I using the
wrong hook?

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org