gnus agent and posting

From: William Xu
Subject: gnus agent and posting
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:39:11 +0900

I put gmane into unplugged status(all the time):

,----
| {nntp:news.gmane.org} (offline) (agent)
`----

Tell agent not to queue whenever possible:

,----
| (setq gnus-agent-queue-mail nil)
`----

And running the gnus agent as a cron job, for fetching news and sending
queued mails.

Now when I try to post in some gmane list, like this one(all already
authenticated to gmane long ago), the correct behaviour should be:

  1. i send the post
  2. the post appears in the "nndraft:queue" group
  3. at some time(my config is 10 minutes a round), gnus agent cron job
     will send out the post.

Do I understand it right? Sometimes it really works as described.

There are two problems I've met:

  1. At *many* occassions, after step 1, it doesn't appear in the
     "nndraft:queue" group, i checked the gmane list from web, the post
     doesn't appear there either.  After some reasonal time, I can
     confirm that: it's gone!!! Why?? (I'm wishing i don't have to
     resend this post too many times...)

  2. Now it seems the "nndraft:drafts" group likes keep mails written in
     the middle way, even after I've sent out the mails finally.  So i
     sent a mail, i must delete a draft explicitly...  This also only
     happens at random, not always.

I don't have the above problems when I don't use gnus agent, except that
gnus always takes control of my emacs brutally, rude gnus!

Can anyone save me?

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find
at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.