Re: Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:46:20 -0600

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:22:16 -0500 Desmond Rivet <desmond_news@videotron.ca>
wrote:

DR> Note the presence of slash:comments and slash:hit_parade.  Am I to
DR> understand that the slash:comments and slash:hit_parade fields are still
DR> contributing to the hash?

Adam answered, but I just wanted to explain the reasoning.

I debated this, but decided to show the article before removing those
fields.  They don't contribute to the hash, but could be important to
the user, especially if the user wants to know if they can be
re-enabled.

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:38:29 -0500 Desmond Rivet <desmond_news@videotron.ca>
wrote:

DR> Errr...I think I found the problem. I was doing this:

DR> (setq nnrss-ignore-article-field '(slash:comments slash:hit_parade))

DR> Note the missing 's'.  It should be this:

DR> (setq nnrss-ignore-article-fields '(slash:comments slash:hit_parade))

DR> I am very embarassed.  Sorry for wasting everyone's time. Things appear
DR> to be working better now :)

I'm glad you found the issue.  This is why I always recommend using
Customize at first--you would have noticed there was no such variable.

More importantly, things work now :)  I know it's frustrating to have
duplicate RSS entries.

Ted