Re: author of post and signature problems

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: author of post and signature problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 20:06:27 +0100

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:12:31 -0800, prad wrote:

>> Why on earth do you want to bypass a signature size limit?

> well i've used the same sig for years and i have no trouble posting with
> it on the other news groups (in fact, the emacs.help group) with
> claws-mail.

Breaking netiquette for a long time surely isn't an argument for keeping
on doing so?

> so i'm inclined to think this is resolvable within gnus.

You are right, the message you are seeing is indeed from message.el's
message-check-news-body-syntax function. I jumped to the wrong
conclusion; sorry.

It looks like you can configure this variable to allow you to shoot
yourself in the foot:

,----[ C-h v message-shoot-gnksa-feet RET ]
| message-shoot-gnksa-feet is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| *A list of GNKSA feet you are allowed to shoot.
| Gnus gives you all the opportunity you could possibly want for
| shooting yourself in the foot.  Also, Gnus allows you to shoot the
| feet of Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval.  The following are foot
| candidates:
| `empty-article'     Allow you to post an empty article;
| `quoted-text-only'  Allow you to post quoted text only;
| `multiple-copies'   Allow you to post multiple copies;
| `cancel-messages'   Allow you to cancel or supersede messages from
|                   your other email addresses.
`----

You'll want the - above undocumented - `signature' "candidate".

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/software/good-netkeeping-seal/

--
 "Accept the mystery!"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk