Re: Any way to click article buttons without leaving the summary buffer?

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: Any way to click article buttons without leaving the summary buffer?
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:35:21 +0100

Sean McAfee <eefacm@gmail.com> writes:

> When I want to click on a hyperlink embedded in an article, it's kind of
> a hassle to switch to the article buffer, navigate to the link, and
> press RET, and then return to the summary buffer afterwards.  Is there
> any convenient built-in way to streamline this process?  Ideally I'd
> like to be able to just select one of the on-screen buttons and trigger
> it without having to leave the summary buffer.

I don't see any reason, to keep the focus in the summary buffer. The best
would be, to do all commands for summary and article from within the
article buffer. Then the navigation (and url selection with TAB) would
be more ergonomic.

I'm just working on my-alter-summary-map and my-alter-article-map to get
this behaviour.

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/