Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity

From: Igor Sosa Mayor
Subject: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:51:31 +0200

Hi,

I know: this question has been posed several times but I can not find
the appropiate configuration for my needs.

I need (as everyone) different identities for job, private email, etc.
As far as I see there are in gnus at least two possibilities:
1. gnus-alias
2. posting styles.

I need two things:
1. change the identity on the fly, i.e., even in the middle of writing a
   message. This is achieved by gnus-alias without problems.
2. attach groups with a specific identity. This is done very well with
   posting styles.

Unfortunately I have the impression I can not use both solutions,
because somehow gnus-alias seems to overwrite the posting style.

So my question: how can I say gnus to use always an identity when I'm in
a specific group (using gnus-alias). I know there are the variable
gnus-alias-identity-rules, but I can not manage to create a rule that
says: "if I'm in the group nnimap+eui:INBOX use identity X".

Any hints?

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::