Re: problem with sendmail-send-it

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: problem with sendmail-send-it
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:36:26 -0600

> Hikaru writes:
>
>> I have a local network setup, and Postfix knows whether you send mail
>> out to the ISP or keep it on my LAN. Since the Postfix service is on
>> the same machine, it'd be silly if I had to resort to SMTP to inject
>> mail into it.
>
> I am using this, to have Gnus use my local Postfix to deliver email:
>
>   (setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
>
> Maybe that'll work for you as well?

That's perfect.  It looks like send-mail-function is only there to
support the now-deprecated Mail Mode, and message-send-mail-function
(Message Mode) has its own different set of allowed settings.  Thanks!

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent