Re: Test email

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Test email
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 09:31:43 +0200

Rafi Khan writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to gnus and mailing lists and have just setup Emacs with GNUS
> and my email account.
>
> This is just a test email so that I can confirm things are setup as
> intended.

Congratulations, it is working!

> Further, is there a guide I can read to learn more about how to use
> mailing lists? There's a lot of terminology in the gnus documentation
> which I am unfamiliar with such as "post", "news" and "group". Some of
> this can be inferred from the documentation and context but others are
> not so clear to me.

I don't know any, but I guess you are welcome to ask these things as you
need them.

That terminology comes from NNTP, which translated to today's terms
(although it is still in use, by the way) would be the (roughly)
equivalent of a forum read by "email".  "Post" is still a post, a
message like this one; "news" would be the whole forum, hosting "groups"
— its channels, or mailing lists in email terms.

--
Alberto