Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Problem splitting (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:43:34 -1000

> Once before I spent time playing with Fancy Mail Splitting, but I
> could not get it to do what I wanted. Which is: *copy* a message into a
> local nnml group and then delete it by *moving* it into
> "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Trash".

Not tested, but I wonder if the following ruse would work. I see your
issue in that you split, and the mail moves out of the Inbox, at least
as far as Gnus thinks.

But it should still be in All Mail, even by Gnus' reckoning.

So if you do your split and then use Gnus to bulk delete from All Mail
(not Inbox), as I do in the function I posted, would that work?

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Via Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB.