info-member

[FSF] Members: Thank you for your help yesterday

From: Peter Brown
Subject: [FSF] Members: Thank you for your help yesterday
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:26:12 -0500

Thank you for your help yesterday testing out our new video player and
widget. The feedback from all our members has been great. The best bug
report was, "The widget makes Google Chromium explode on Ubuntu 9.10."

Tomorrow, there will be a press release announcing the new video
campaign and our year-end appeal. But today you can help by trying out
our new sharing feature on fsf.org. By using http://fsf.org/share you
can share Jeremy Allison's video through various social networks and
tell your friends why you're a member of FSF.

I also wanted to give you a reminder of other ways to help FSF during
our year-end campaign:

  * Please subscribe your employer to our Newsletter and Bulletin
    ($240 annually): http://fsf.org/donate/subscription

  * Purchase a gift membership for a friend or family member this
    holiday season: http://fsf.org/associate/gift/.

  * Check out the FSF shop for books and T-shirts http://shop.fsf.org/

I know that sharing these videos with your friends and colleagues will
get them talking about free software and GNU/Linux, and that's the most
important thing.

If you would like to record an advocacy video to be featured in our
campaign, check out http://www.fsf.org/appeal/2009/video-guidelines

Happy Hacking, Peter and the Free Software Foundation team

--
Peter Brown
Executive Director