info-sather

Re: Is Sather dead?

From: Lars Hupfeldt Nielsen
Subject: Re: Is Sather dead?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:41:36 +0200

Hi,

I believe that work continues at University of Waikato
(http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/sather/).
The current release 1.3 compiler is really too slow for any real work. I have
no idea how work is currently progressing at Waikato.
A lot of people think that Sather is one of the best languages designed so far,
so lets hope that it has a future.

Regards
Lars Hupfeldt.

Terry Lincoln wrote:

All,

The archives in the last several months seem to have no new activity. (This aside from mostly non-English SPAM) Am I correct in assuming then that all interest in Sather as a language for development is now history?

That's too bad if so. I do so thing that good languages should still be developed and enhanced.

Regards,

<mailbox:///home/lhn/.mozilla/lhn/2ttyo2yv.slt/Mail/Local%20Folders/Sather?number=647090?header=quotebody&part=1.1.2>

*W. Terry Lincoln*

Sr. Software Engineer

        160 Office Park Way
        Tobey Village Office Park