jami

[Ring] Failure to register an account and to generate a PIN code for it.

From: Guilherme de Abreu
Subject: [Ring] Failure to register an account and to generate a PIN code for it.
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 19:32:09 -0400

Good night,

I've downloaded and installed clients for Ring both in my laptop, using the Debian Stretch OS, and in my tablet, using the Android-based Lineage OS. I would like to use the same account on both devices, so I tried to create an account in one device and then generating a PIN code to link the other device to it as well. But I wasn't able to do that.

By creating an account in Debian, it would show up under Settings -> Accounts as “Enabled” but “Not Registered” and attempting to generate a PIN code would lead to a loading screen where it reads “Exporting account on the Ring...”; and it would just stay there indefinitely. Creating the account from Lineage to then export the PIN code from there also does not work, it gets stuck in its own loading screen where it reads “Please wait. Publishing new account information”.

Also, I've made a few attempts with different settings, using the IDs “thoreau”, “paine” and “chomsky”. At each new attempt, I failed to recover or delete the previous account from the Blockchain. So the former account ID names are no longer accessible even to me, as they all count as being “taken”. Which is a waste, as noteworthy figures in anarchist literature are scarce.

Hence, I'm getting in contact with you guys. If you could kindly give me some advice to troubleshoot this or point me out so some help page, I would be most thankful. This is a nice piece of software with even nicer set of principles behind it.

I wish you the best.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile