jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] building under debian

From: Mark Maxham
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] building under debian
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:05:05 -0800

Howdy,

I'm working on a little embedded-systems project that needs to speak https.  It
works fine with Sun's stuff on our current x86 platform, but we'd like to move
to MIPS, so I'm trying to get everything running on kaffe and jessie.

I got kaffe 1.1.3 compiled, no problem.

I ran ./configure in the jessie 0.9.6 directory and it complained:

"checking for gnu.crypto.sasl.srp.SRP class... configure: error: GNU Crypto not
found; is gnu-crypto.jar in your CLASSPATH?"

So got the GNU Crypto stuff, which built fine, and I went back to jessie
thinking it would go.  I got the same complaint.  I searched for the 'SRP'
class in the GNU Crypto source and didn't see it.  I googled the class and
found only three unhelpful documents.

Am I making some obvious beginner mistake?

thanks
max