k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] New iso pre9 - dual usb ibook

From: Hard Mac
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] New iso pre9 - dual usb ibook
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:26:30 -0500

pre9 - dual usb ibook testing

>>OK, thanks. Can you give me the exact model name of the ibook, and the
>>exact model name of the graphic card? (or month and year you buy it?)

dual usb ibook 800 Mhz PowerPC G3 640 Mb RAM

>>you can maybe do "lspci" to get the name of the graphics card (look at
VGA line),

VGA compatible controller: ATI Tech. Inc. Radeon Molibity M7 LW (Radeon
Molibity 7500)

So I also passed xserver=fbdev parameters at startup and then tried startx and
got the same results as previous ibook tests: black screen and no Xwindows
anything, unable to break out.

Thomas Hardly

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com