koha-devel

[Koha-devel] away & demo mode

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] away & demo mode
Date: Tue Jul 15 03:09:12 2003

Hi all,

3 news :

* I'm away from tomorrow until july, 28.
I may read mails sometimes, but won't answer probably. (note that tomorrow i'll do a demo in dombes Abbey for a library that plans to install Koha, and I'll do the install/teaching job)

* i just commited a little patch to create a "demo mode" for Koha :
if you set "demo=1" in /etc/koha.conf, Koha is in "demo mode". In this mode, user can connect with "demo/demo", even if this user is not in members table. He can do everything, except that any modif/add/delete done in systempref or marc structure is NOT saved in the DB. This avoid demo user breaking the config. Note that if you don't change your /etc/koha.conf, nothing is changed in Koha.

* http://demo.koha-fr.org is now in 2.0.0pre2 It's in french UNIMARC with 1000 biblios from Dombes Abbey. (As it's in demo mode, you can't switch the site to english)

--
Paul POULAIN