koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: Koha Sound Events

From: Darrell Ulm
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: Koha Sound Events
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:17:57 +0000 (UTC)

Kyle Hall <address@hidden> writes:
> Excellent. I hope your addition makes it in soon. Some of our
> libraries requested the same feature, but this was years ago now, and
> I had to do it using java applets. It didn't play well with thin
> clients so I ended up disabling it.

Yes, I assumed others wanted some sounds because it is just so standard for ILS
systems to have some sort of audio warning for staff. The thin client sound
could be tricky for many reasons. We are also running LTSP for all the catalog
machines (and it saves much time) and I just switched our LTSP to a virtual
machine for a little bit of backup security without having to keep 2 LTSP
servers updated.

Back to sound:
The HTML 5 <audio> works really well with Firefox 3.5/3.6 which I assume people
are running now :)

Darrell Ulm