koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Koha Sound Events

From: Galen Charlton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Koha Sound Events
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:47:21 -0500

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Darrell Ulm <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, so the *other* browsers don't yet implement it,
> but they should if they want
> to stay compliant. Koha primarily supports Firefox
> so this should not be an issue.

For the staff client, correct, but there are Koha users who are stuck
with IE<ancient>, and they shouldn't be completely ignored.  However,
IMO a graceful degradation for IE is acceptable.

> Well, I have a bunch of open source sounds (Artistic Licence 2.0) so I can
> finish this up and have Galen "soundly" reject it!  (Just a joke Galen)   :)

I've no problem with with the concept, nor with including it in 3.2,
but since this will break XHTML validation for now, please keep it out
of header.inc and do it only for the checkin and checkout pages
directly.  Also, I will be quick to revert it  and save it for 3.4
(and eventual backport to 3.2.1) if it causes any problems.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton