Re: Fwd: POSIX Layer, Stronger Chassis (Was: Re: Compatibility)

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Fwd: POSIX Layer, Stronger Chassis (Was: Re: Compatibility)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:31:48 +0200

   a) There is plenty of documentation
   b) It is easy to write code for
   c) The end users can set the system up with the least technical
   knowledge/effort as possible

   These are things that Microsoft did, these things work.

Microsoft didn't do any of those, you must be from a different
universe if you honestly claim that...

And can we stick to free systems?  We can't look at how non-free ones
are implemented, examine their documentation, how the tools behave
etc.

   Being open source, there are other benefits that cant be ignored.

Being open source there are many reasons to ignore it, the first and
most important is that just because something is open source doesn't
mean that it is free software.  And since we are only interested in
free systems (where we can look at how things are implemented), this
has no relevance to anything.