Re: POSIX Layer / Emulation

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: POSIX Layer / Emulation
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:40:21 +0200

   So, you agree that it's possible emulate POSIX in a non POSIX
   system, this is a good point =3D)

I never claimed it was not possible, do people actually read what I
write at all?  I said that having GNU programs, that follow POSIX, run
in a `legacy like' jail, is just not good.  GNU programs will be
secondary citizens.

   This is not silly/weird/strange/etc. Many systems do that when they
   do big changes on their design, why we cannot do that?

because you end up with crap like IA-32.