Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:02:37 -0400

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Thomas Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in-advance congrats to the upcomming release.
>
> > - Add exclusive read/write access for devices which is used for
> experimental
> >   writing/burning. Currently only on GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.
>
> A while ago i submitted a patch to enable this on Solaris, too:
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2010-06/msg00009.html
> (patch link is still alive)
> but i cannot spot a matching commit in
>  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=log
> and
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=blob;f=lib/driver/solaris.c;h=219434ee174c023725a4a7e8b5bdfb2b0fab5440;hb=HEAD
> shows the old version of enum access_mode_t.
>
> Was there anything particularly bad with this patch ?

My bad. I've applied it now. I've tried compiling on opencsw (solaris 10
sparc) and it is fine as far
as I can tell. But since this is a remote and shared server I don't have
access to a CD drive to test more fully.

The mailing list archives show a possibly unfinished conversation
> about drive listing.

You had given some open problems. I don't have anything to add here, and
unless others do, I guess it will remain open.

> I have to confess that i did not test much with libcdio on Solaris
> during the last months. If there is interest, i would start my test
> machine and check whether it has any problems left.

It would be nice if you could do some testing with a real CD. Many thanks
for all the great work you put in on this release. I'm sorry it's been so
long before everyone will be able to benefit from the good work you've done.