Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:22:52 +0200

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> It is as easy as
>   pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
>   /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i git

This will save me much time with googling. Thank you.

>   http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/pkgutil/

I looked at www.opencsw.org but took the wrong road to "Use it"
rather than "Get it".

> I missed the start of the thread. Anything specific I can help with on
> Solaris issues?

The sub-thread was originally about last-minute inclusion of the full
capability of MMC transactions on Solaris.

So it would be interesting to learn whether libcdio git does build on
system versions older than mine (5.11 snv 134).

(Shameless advertising mode on)

It would also be interesting to see it work underneath xorriso.

- First install libcdio from git sources.

- Then with unpacked libisoburn tarball and installed libburn, libisofs:
    $ cd libisoburn-1.1.6
  or with unpacked GNU xorriso tarball:
    $ cd xorriso-1.1.6
  For either of them:
  If it was already built with default configuration, do:
    $ make clean
  Configure to use libcdio rather than its own SCSI adapter:
    $ ./configure --enable-libcdio --enable-pkg-check-modules
    $ make
  (If pkg-config does not find libcdio, omit --enable-pkg-check-modules)

- Inquire whether indeed libcdio was linked
    $ xorriso/xorriso -version | fgrep adapter
    GNU xorriso 1.1.6 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.

    libburn OS adapter:  sg-libcdio h83 with libcdio 0.83git i386-pc-solaris2.11
    $
  The own adapter would be
    libburn OS adapter:  internal Solaris uscsi adapter sg-solaris

- Check whether it finds drives
    $ pfexec xorriso/xorriso -devices
    GNU xorriso 1.1.6 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.

    Beginning to scan for devices ...
    Full drive scan done
    0  -dev '/dev/rdsk/c2t2d0s2' r----- :  'TSSTcorp' 'CDDVDW SH-S223B'
    1  -dev '/dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s2' r----- :  'TSSTcorp' 'DVD-ROM SH-D162C'
    $

- A burn test would be nice. E.g. burn /usr/bin to a DVD+RW or CD-RW:
    $ pfexec xorriso/xorriso -for_backup -outdev /dev/rdsk/c2t2d0s2 \
                             -blank as_needed -add /usr/bin

  Verify the result by checkreading against the recorded MD5 sums of the
  files
    $ pfexec xorriso/xorriso -for_backup -indev /dev/rdsk/c2t2d0s2 \
                             -check_md5_r FAILURE / --

(End of shameless advertising)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas