Re: [Libcdio-devel] Rock Ridge and libisofs/xorriso 'AL' extension

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Rock Ridge and libisofs/xorriso 'AL' extension
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:54:56 +0100

On 2017.07.26 15:34, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
So it is now unclear why Pete did not get the long Joliet names from libcdio,
which are quite the same as the Rock Ridge names.

I can answer that: In the application where I am seeing the issue, we only call on iso9660_name_translate_ext() for Joliet translation if Rock Ridge extensions are not present. In other words we set Rock Ridge to have have precedence over Joliet (though we do provide a flag to disable Rock Ridge altogether if the user wants to force Joliet).

I guess if we had done the opposite, we probably never would have picked this issue...

Regards,

/Pete