libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Extreme bad I/O performence

From: Christian Lange
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Extreme bad I/O performence
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 07:16:48 +0200

Hi,

Am 25.08.2016 um 10:26 schrieb Christian Lange:
Grub is also very very slow and system startup takes a lot of time.
I am using the kernel that comes with the installation media. 3.13 I think.
I started an update to 4.2.42. maybe it has finished when I am back from work.

Btw sending mails to this list takes also very long until they were received.

Regards
Chris

I have updated my kernel and system to latest patch level.
In the beginning it seemed to work well, but then I got bad I/O rates again. Only a reboot can solve this and then you do not know when it will appear again. I will try another distribution to figure out if this is a trisquel issue. Trisquel seems not to be working very well. My keyboard is not working in the browser address bar and my ATH9K WLAN PCI card is not working as well.

regards
Chris