Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:54:22 -0600

Dave Crossland wrote:
> but to get them to value freedom in abstract, they need to know
> many concrete examples of behaviors that result from that freedom.

Yes, this is a major problem.

We must have some tangible evidence for people to care about
the lofty goal of 'freedom', for otherwise it seems like yet another
unaccountable promise from yet another religion.

In other words, we need to be able to show (not just explain) how
User Freedom helps that person have a better life.